August 8, 2009

Rogue River Roundup!

Well, finally here it is, the official recap of our week long camping trip down on the Rogue River!

It's been a long time coming, and to my many dedicated readers, grab a cup of coffee, iced or hot, blended, topped with whip cream, whatever you fancy, and sit back and relax...here's what you've been waiting for!!

I'll start out with the most overwhelming theme of the week - it was hot. Bloody hot! I think the hottest day was like 110 degrees and we were camping in our trailer, albeit wonderful, however, it turned into a fiery tin can that I despised sleeping in by day number...um, 2!

So, much of our time was spent outside, as it should be when you are camping, however it would have been nice to have a little break from the pounding, relentless sun. All this complaining leads to one fine fact, I have the best tan I've had since our honeymoon to the Caribbean. At least there's some reward to the pain and suffering, right?
Enough of my complaining.

It really was a great trip! And the girls had tons of fun. Q was in hog heaven with his family just like when he was a little guy. We played lots of cards and had great food. My favorite part, are the pictures - I hope you enjoy a few of my favorites!
Grandpa Wilson, Q, Elsie and Papa Kelly about to head down river on the boat Grandpa built.

Little Brynn, exploring the water and finding some seaweed.


Here's our crew headed up to Lucas Lodge for our "formal dinner" - yes we rode this way, I kept the girls inside the truck!

Brynn, Beth and me, relaxing on our floaty-seats in the river.
(I apologize for the white sunglasses...it's a long story!)

Sun-gods, Q and Nolan!

Nolan teaching Elsie how to fish. Oh, how I wish they would have caught one!

Pickin' blackberries. They were amazing! Sweet, juicy and our fingers were purple for about 2 days!

Brynn and I enjoying some afternoon shade.

Camping was fun and by the time we left, I think we were all good and ready. The drive out of Agness (the official place we were at) is about 15-20 miles down a gravel road. Not terribly bumpy, but just enough to shake the babies to sleep and by the end you kind of start to feel like you might need to pull over (if you know what I mean). We had just gotten off the bumpy road and were settling into the smooth, luxury like feeling of pavement when Q says "something feels funny."

Oh Dear.

We pull over on a road that is what I would still consider to be in the middle of nowhere...and yes, it's true, we had a flat on our trailer!

OH DEAR - NOOOOO!!!!
Super hero Q to the rescue! He saved all us girls in record time. Is it strange that I found it oddly-sexy that he knew exactly what to do in our time of crisis?

We made it home and back to reality with little fuss after that.
Things since have been pretty wacky....more drama than this mama cares to have in her life!

Q's mom was part of a pretty scary 4-wheeler accident. She wasn't hurt, but she was the one who had to care for the injured until life flight (yes, the helicopter that comes to pick you up) arrived. It was awful and thank the Dear Lord, all 4 women are fine, or will be, very soon.

Then, Q's dad had to have surgery on Tuesday - he tore his tendon that connects your bicep to you elbow. OUCH! He too will be ok, but it's a pretty major recovery process...oh, and painful.

I've just gotten over a headache that lasted about 4 days, accompanied with a whacked out neck. Is this what 30 is about? Then no thanks!

I've set myself up for some acupuncture - and also a visit with a new doctor. I've asked her to just give me the run-through. I'm tired of being lethargic, head-achy, and just a major blob. I'm starting to think there is something wrong, because emotionally, I think, I've been able to get a grip and get back to some normalness.

This blog is forever long!

I want to leave you all with possibly the cutest pictures ever...in preparation for college football season, Q had the girls try on their Oregon Ducks cheerleader outfits and oh, the pictures speak for themselves!!!


7 comments:

comfy cozy said...

YAY! Finally the much anticipated recap! Looks like some more great memories made for the girls, minus the heat wave! Although, I bet the girls hardly noticed with so many fun things to do. And you!! Sitting in that comfy whatchamacallit rafty thing with your girl! And a cup holder with a drink to boot! Can you say relaxation?! And you're lookin' pretty stinkin' cute too for being camping! :)

Looks like it was your little utopia because reality did set in once you left, starting by the flat tire! Though I think the whole feeling Q was your sexy handyman to the rescue was pretty cute! Sorry to hear about the subsequent misfortunes although it sounds like everyone will be okay.

Great post missy! Keep 'em comin'! I start to get withdrawls if it's been a while! :)

P.S. My monthly migraine came this a.m. and it's now 4:30 and I'm just starting to feel a smidge better! I can't imagine 4 days!! One day is enough for me to throw myself the biggest pity party. I hope your neck gets all lined out 'cause a headachy mama is not a happy mama!

comfy cozy said...

Oh, P.P.S
I sooo love your layout and want to copy but the one time I tried I had to spend hours fixing it! Am I just a wee bit slow or something??

Wilson Girlzz said...

Thanks for my much anticipated comment...I was starting to get nervous that my friends had left me!

FEW! ;o)

I'm so sorry about your monthly migraine...it's just not fair!

Leelou blogs is where I got my layout and some of the layouts have these directions, and some don't, but maybe this is where it all went wrong??? Just a guess:

**If you do not currently have a Leelou blog as your background then you will need to follow these directions before you apply a Leelou background.**
-Log in to your blog
-Click on the Template button
-Go to Pick New Template
-Save Minima as your new template
-Follow the rest of the directions below

Good Luck!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

ANDREA!!!! I love your recap!!!! You have been sooooo missed!!!!

I don't have time to comment in depth but I just had to let you know that I had my first ever 4 day migraine for the past 4 days! It was a killer! There were many tears shed! JUst when I would think it was gone or it wasn't possible I would wake up with it again...there it would be! I am so sorry for you!!!

Okay, I will be baaaack in the a.m. when my chillin's are a snoozin' to properly comment on the camping trip!!!!

:))))))))))

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

PS Oh I hope I am not like that girl at your work...you know one of the vampires that one up's everything. Like you had a 4 day migraine oh well soooo did I! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Good Morning! The kiddos are sleeping which allowed me some time to read your sweet post again and now properly comment!

Okay, can I just say you had me at blackberries!!!! Your camping trip looked like so much fun and included everything the perfect camping trip would!!! Complete with multi-generation fishing excursions and delicious baby girls frolicking in the lake!!!
And yes...one hot Momma looking way too cute to be camping!!! I am so happy for you guys that you got away and really just experienced some good old fashioned time together in nature! I loved the image of you playing cards round the campfire too! Like how I added the campfire? :)

Again, soooo sorry about your headache! I, like Sadina, get one every month. I am starting to get a little (well, a lot) bitter! I am really getting angry to tell the truth. I think it's totally unfair that I should have to battle with it every single month and it literally steals my entire day and sometimes takes the whole next day to recover. Just how is a Momma supposed to not be grouchy when she is in that kind of pain?! Let us know if the acupuncture helps!

Awesome update Andrea!!!

P.S. Totally unrelated, Kate of John and Kate is going to "tell all" on the Today Show this morning about John's infidelity! Is it wrong that I can't wait to watch? :)

Annie said...

HELLO!
Great recap!
Okay, as you know, I am a total hotel/swimming pool kind of girl, but your camping trip looks like a ton of fun! The heat might be a little much, but looks like you did the best you could to escape it either on the raft or in the shade! I am jealous of your tan!
Your girls make adorable campers, and I just know that these camping trips are going to be some defining memories of their childhood :)
I totally smiled when I read that your super hero hubby fixed a flat and you found it oddly sexy! Nice work, Q! It reminds me of when you and I were stuck in the snow on the way to Auburn from Reno, and you knew how to put chains on my tires. Remember? I wouldn't say that I found you sexy, because that would be weird, but I certainly felt an affection that confirmed one of the many reasons that I love you so much :) Like Q, you also know just what to do in time of crisis!!!
Oh, and I L-O-V-E the cheerleaders!! Adorable!