April 22, 2009

What a day

Today has been eventful, emotional, and I'm now totally exhausted!

Eventful - drama at work.

Penelope (the emotional vampire) completely flew off the handle today at one of our other coworkers, not Fifi, but some other poor, innocent worker bee, Fofoo. It was awful. For just about an hour, over in Fofoo's office across the hall Penelope gave her a tongue lashing. None of us could hear her work, but could watch the action, the head and neck twitching and the hand gestures, through the glass window in the door. Really, I wanted to barge in and throw down!

But, I know better, and have no desire to become Penelope's next victim.
After it was all said and done, there was this eerie silence in the office for the rest of the day and Penelope had this look to her, like a lion licking her paws after a grizzly battle. She's really got some major issues. I think she's a bit of a sociopath. She's starting to scare me...

All this was going on and then I received a phone call from a wife of one of our employees. She called to let me know that her husband, Sean, was being life-flighted to a hospital in Portland because last night he went to the ER with flu like symptoms and is now suffering from massive kidney and liver failure, and the doctors here have no idea what is wrong.

How can someone like Penelope be so selfish and nasty? If she only realized how precious life is.

Fofoo and I had a chance to talk after the work day and she's okay; her feelings were hurt, but she's okay.
Sean now has 17 different doctors and specialists working on saving him...they still do not know what is causing his body to shut down.

Emotional - drama with Q's youngest brother, Kip.

Kip is the sweetest, most harmless 24 year old in the world. He couldn't hurt a gnat if he tried, however, Kip has a special knack of ending up in ridiculous situations and is usually surrounded by circumstances that he doesn't even know who or how he got there.

Last fall Kip got a DUI. Stupid. No sympathy from me, he should know better. His license was suspended and he attended all of the court mandated classes. He rode his bike to and from classes during the late fall and winter in the Oregon valley - which means, rain, slush, sleet, and just all around grossness, and didn't complain once about it.

He's been on academic probation at school for his DUI, and the deal was, that he had to pass (C or above) all of his classes last term in order to complete his final term as a senior so he could graduate. Pretty important stuff right? You'd think.

Kip found out yesterday, that he got a D in one of his classes last term. Last term ended 4 weeks ago. The story is, that when his report card came, he didn't even look because he felt confident that his 77% in one particular class, was strong enough to hold him through finals and thus, pass academic probation.

I know, you are probably thinking what I am too - why the hell didn't he look at his report card?! There's no good excuse. He's now struggling to get in touch with the professor that didn't pass him, and he's beyond frustrated because he's been attending classes for the past 4 weeks when he really isn't even enrolled. There sure seems to be some holes in the story, and we might hear more tommorow, as he's home now to just get away from all the chaos.

It really is heartbreaking, to be so close to graduating and trying so hard to make right of his many wrongs, only to find out he has been doing it all for not. When you see your brother-in-law, who is really more like your little brother, so disappointed in himself, your heart sinks and there are tears, trust me, so many tears.

Totally exhausted - Brynn slept through the night, but I didn't!

Curses! Last night marked the first night that Brynn has slept through the night...ever! It was a fabulous moment indeed, one that I will be fully able to remember, because, I was awake nearly every hour on the hour.

Does Dairy Queen have some evil plot against me?
Is a Mud Pie blizzard supposed to punish you?
I am seriously concerned that I might have lactose issues.
Is this something that can just 'develop' after years and years of pleasure from ice cream, Oreos and milk, yogurt, I could go on and on?!

So, that's my day...
There's even more to share, but I think that's an entire blog in itself.

I do have a tip to share, it's a new blog that I have found and I really enjoy...it's http://dooce.com/ ~ she's a stay at home mom, with a 2-ish year old little girl, and another one one on the way very soon. I'll warn you, her language can be a little vulgar and she's a former member of the Mormon church - she's got a funny, brutally honest take on life as a mom and she's an entertaining writer.

Crazy side note, her blog is what funds her family...she's made it big time blogging! Girls...could we do it too??? It's an inspiring thought!!

3 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

WOW! Andrea I feel like saying I am speechless but then I know I will carry on with some long commment and completely contradict myself :)! Okay, first of all I have heard of people making a living from their blogs...wild! Second, I think you could be one of them with posts like this. I am hooked, I need to know how this all plays out! I finished a really good book last week and now I am needing some new people to "follow". I am really going to need to know what happens next! :)

In all seriousness though, I am so sorry to hear about your co-workers husband and your brother in law.

comfy cozy said...

Stupid Penelope! What a crazy woman! Yes, if only she'd realize just how precious life is (like in the case of Sean!) and learn to refrain from taking her emotional issues out on other people. What a vampire! As for Kip, I do feel for him because I have a brother in Oregon who is no doubt the sweetest man ever but seems to have the hardest time sometimes. I could give examples, but I'll spare you all. I'm not sure why some people just attract certain things but it really is too bad. Alright, and a huge congrats on Brynn sleeping through the night!!! Maybe Hanna called her?! Evil Dairy Queen! Can't a girl catch a break?! I'm sure it is possible to develop something like lactose intolerance or maybe something was just bad. I don't know, like the person who served it to you didn't wash their hands. Sorry, I shouldn't make you think of worse things. I hope today is going better for you already! :)

Annie said...

what a crazy day! Office drama- man, that must have been intense! At least you weren't part of it, right?? Watch out for that crazy vampire-sociopath!

Brynn is slept through the night!! Don't you hate it when insomnia kicks in, and you feel like you are LOSING the perfect opportunity to SLEEP???

I may have told you this already, but my nana texted me last week with dooce.com. She saw the lady on Oprah, I think. It is a funny blog, and, seriously, wouldn't it be awesome to make a living off of internet time??