Our house is currently on the market, and today, 3 different agents wanted to show our house, which is great, but poses a slight issue in that we had to find a place to go and something to do for about 4 hours...let the creativity begin!
There's a part of us, before the girls arrived, that used to love to go out, explore and take day trips into the great outdoors - so today, we decided to give a little CPR to that lifeless part of us and make it a family affair.
Smith Rocks is a state park that's about a half hour drive away from us and it's where some serious rock climbing goes on - it's beautiful, and we hadn't been there for, gosh, well over 10 years. We didn't pack up the harnesses and carabiners and head up the side of the cliff (yeah, like that would ever happen!) instead, we packed up the tandem stroller with our favorite explorers and hit the trail on the upper rim...check out the view...


and the adventurers...


We had a great time getting some fresh air, hiking around, and spending time together.
Here's the ironic twist ~
On the way home we stopped, for the first time ever, at, wait for it...SUPER Walmart!
Yes, it was quite an experience, actually, a positive one.
Deals, deals, and more deals!
Less than a hundred dollars later (a small miracle in itself) we headed for home, tired and ready for our house to be ours once again and to partake in some of our newly purchased snacks.
The last, and greatest bit of news to share, is that the evil headache that has been my nemesis for so long is gone! Yes! I am on day number 1.5 of being headache free and it's so amazing to feel good again!
7 comments:
What a great day! And Q looks like an advertisement for the beautiful state of Oregon! I bet the girls enjoyed themselves even if it was so exciting they fell asleep! :)
So glad to hear the nasty headache is gone, hopefully never to return again! And the Super Walmart thing! Are you kidding me?! First time? I feel like I practically live there some weeks. We have one less than 10 miles away. Deals, deals, and more deals are what keeps me going back!
And blogging on the weekend?! You really are getting wild!
Whoa, a weekend blog post! You have turned over a whole new leaf!
What a great day-- I am impressed! And I got your text, and I'm glad that you like the socks. I wore mine yesterday too, and they are awesome :)
The pic of the sleeping girls is SO CUTE!
I would totally be loving a trip to Super Walmart. It sounds a little overwhelming, like, deals around every corner!! Pretty great that you dodged the $100 mark- put that on your resume!
Oh, I forgot to add that I am very glad that your headaches are getting better :)
yeah, blogging on the weekned is a whole new world for me ~ we tried to go without the internet at home, and it lasted all of two months...it's great to be bak and able to blog freely!
Blogging on the weekend! Truly shocking! I am so happy for you that you can explore the www from the comfort of your home!!!
Your outing looked like so much fun and yes very Oregonesque! LOVE IT!
There is Super Walmart? Who knew? Our Walmart is pretty huge...it gets better? I am already a huge fan! I go early in the morning when there is no one there and hunt for the deals! I got a cardigan for Maysyn the other day for 3.24! They have the best deals on my veggie burgers too. Morning star for 2.50!
Way to be adventurous!
Oh yeah and I am soooo happy to hear that your headache has subsided!!!
I think the special feature making Walmart Super is the grocery store, and ours has a spa and a salon...seriously!
When I saw avacados for 68 cents each I knew I was in a special place ;o)
Post a Comment