February 12, 2009

Poor Me...

It's just not fair.
Being a mom to a 2 year old, who is 8 days shy of being a 3 year old, is just not fair.

I try SO hard...I don't think she even knows.
I would do ANYTHING for little Elsie...she doesn't even have a clue.
I LOVE her more than anything...and this is the face I see more often than not these days:
Tell me, how icky is that look!?
She told me this morning that she doesn't want smooches anymore and I nearly cried.

I don't want to over analyze, because I know what's up, she's 3, and trying her hardest to grow up faster than she needs to.

UGH - so this morning was a tough one - it's the reason why I hit Dutch Brothers on the way in and am now eating a cookie...and it's not even 9 am! I have a headache and a heartache from my little monster. I don't want to scare off you mothers of tots under 2, but be forewarned, I have a sneaky suspicion that the "Terrible 2's" are nothing compared to the "Train Wreck 3's"...dear Jesus, please help me!

In kind of an ironic twist, Q and I celebrated our First Date Anniversary on the 10th of this month. Silly I know, but this marks 14 years for us! I was just 15 when we went out on our first date to see Billy Madison and eat greasy cheeseburgers. I was a vegetarian at the time and ate the whole burger because I was so infatuated with Q...that night after I got home, I was sicker than a dog! I gave up my veggie-only ways and look where we are now! Pretty crazy!

Now...for my super delayed Tuesday Tip...has the suspense been killing you???

Check out Potterybarn's website -
I just ordered a shower curtain and one of their decorating books for $4.99 each!
Seriously...it felt so great to buy something Potterybarn and to get such a great deal.
I hope you find a treasure, or two!!
(OH, the kids and teen websites have killer deals too!)

5 comments:

Allison said...

So I have heard that the "two's" and nothing when compared to the "three's." Elsie loves you, and she will want you affection from you. She is just figuring her little world out right now, and she will eventually come to conclusion that you are the best part of her day. Keep your chin up!

On a lighter note, I am glad to hear that someone else is eating cookies before 9am. I just downed half a package of Oreo's all by myself, and I don't have the excuse of a hard morning either! I just plain wanted them...not the baby...just me.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh Andrea! Is it wrong that I find her simply delicious even with the "look"? What a sweetie!
Kennedy went through a stage like this. I used reverse psychology and it worked like a charm!

As for the cookie, I say good for you and thank you for making me feel normal since I devoured 2 huge snickerdoodles this morning while I ordered an excercise yoga dvd on amazon! I figure I will be good when it comes in the mail :)!

Great tip on the Pottery Barn deals! I am headed there next!

The story of how you and Q met is priceless! The vegetarian turned carnivore in the name of love is the stuff romance is made of! Just in time for Valenitines Day! Adorable!

comfy cozy said...

I'm with Lisa...that sassy face is too cute! Hey, at least the girl has a mind of her own, huh?! She loves you and you are just her soft place to fall, or be sassy! :) I couldn't agree more with you, a cookie is mandatory on a rough day!

Congrats to you and Q because 14 years is a BIG deal! Even through Danny and I's highs and lows, it's always awesome to remember just how far back you go!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Thanks blogger-buddies / support group!

She is cute even when she's a sasifrass!

I like the reverse psychology idea - can I out smart her?!
If not, I guess I just get to eat more cookies ;o)

Annie said...

I like the reverse psychology idea too! Let me know if it works! And, yes, she is still cute even when she is being sassy :)
I take it personal when my kids are stinky to me. Devon constantly reminds me that it is NOT personal, but don't they see that I do EVERYTHING for them? Where do they get off giving me attitude?? Okay, my comment has turned to venting... sorry.
Congrats on the anniversary with Q! You should watch Billy Madison and eat burgers, just to relive the moment :)
Nice deals from Pottery Barn!