April 4, 2011

Shh...Shh...Shhower Time

The baby shower happened.
If I can toot my own horn, it was a big success.

Here's a little picture recap of the big day...hope you enjoy!

The scene before the crowd arrived - pom-poms in place, food prepared and party girls were ready.

 
The menu included: chicken salad croissant sandwiches, spinach salad (the spinach salad), fresh fruit, english cukes - just cause they are so fabulous, chips, beverages, and desserts - carrot cake cupcakes and chocolate cake balls and pops.

 
Beth and some special friends - Olivia and Lisa.

 

Random shot as friends arrived.

 
Let the fun begin!
The cutie pa-tutie in the black dress being silly is Beth's sister Jana.
I. Love. Jana.

 
Time to start unwrapping!

 
The tissue paper pom-poms - they were a hit.
Wanna make some for your next event?

 
Beth's fabulous family.
Jana, Dana, Beth, Laine & mama Janet.

 
Cute little shoes, beautiful mama-to-be, and one super wacky looking Auntie in the background...oy vey!
(that is the only picture I'm in, awesome way to document the effort)

 
Beth & Grandma Kelley

 
Our littlest guests.
How sweet are they?


One final food shot.

Here's what I learned:
* Chicken salad sandwiches on croissant rolls are a HIT with a crowd *
* Cake pops are harder to make than one would think; however, they are delish! *
* Tissue paper pom-poms are perfect, inexpensive decorations *
* I am so blessed to have a sister-in-law like Beth, we both have a lot to offer each other *
* I should take a few 'precautionary Advil' before any event *


There's an overwhelming sense of relief to have the shower done.
The only thing I have to think about now is LaJolla.
I will GLADLY think about LaJolla!



3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm sitting here taking notes on the beautiful presentation of everything. I WILL be making little pom-poms to hang from out trees for our May event. Well done! I have always thought that you should be a professional "social coordinator." Beth looks amazing-not that I ever doubted that pregnancy wouldn't look good on that girl! Congratulations on pulling off an amazing shower! Well done.

Annie said...

What a lovely shower! Thank you so much for taking pictures- I was really hoping to get a good peek at the event! Everything looks so nice (and those chicken salad sandwiches look yummy!). I'll bet that Beth was so happy- she looks great. She is glowing :) It is really nice that her mom and sisters were able to make the trip. You are an A+ Auntie already!

Now, La Jolla! La Jolla! La Jolla!

The Browns said...

It looks like it turned out amazing:) She is lucky to have such a creative and generous sister-in-law!