Here it is - the very long overdue recap of the birthday extravaganza.
Can you even believe Elsie's been 5 for twelve days?
And, Brynn has been 3 for eight days?
Time flies!!
Birthday-Extravaganza-Super-Saturday started out with this:
It snowed all day long and we were all taken by surprise, even the weather man who predicted a chance of freezing fog...nice try buddy!
In the early morning hours I was thinking - awe crap, will this birthday be a total bust!? Will friends even show up for the pottery painting party?
Only time would tell.
Angels were singing!!
(The belly in this shot is my niece on the way - isn't she adorable!?)
It really turned out to be a great time. I did feel especially happy for the girls that they have friends who care enough to trudge out in the bad weather to celebrate them. It really touched me and I am so thankful that all of the girls enjoyed themselves like they did.
Totally worth it.
Totally tired by the time we got home.
But, no rest for the weary - there was a second party to be had - dinner for the family!
The birthday girls (sorry, again, about the picture) with their giant cupcake cakes and special hats!! They were beyond excited to each have a giant cake to themselves.
Brynn's flavors of choice: lemon and strawberry cake with lemon curd in the middle.
Elsie's flavors: red velvet and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting in the middle.
To top it off: cream cheese frosting (what other kind of frosting is there!?)
I just love them!!
5 comments:
I wish I could have gone to such a fabulous party! No amount of snow could have kept me away!
So adorable- you really have a gift for coordinating stuff like this- the favors, the activities, the cakes with special flavors... just amazing!
It really is nice to have people come celebrate your kids with you, isn't it? You are right, it is worth it :)
I love the little aprons! Nice work, Janis! And their little matching striped outfits are super sweet.
And the Converse?!?!?! Please! I love them!
It is really hard to believe that your babies are 5 and 3 already. Time passes far too quickly!
That looks like so much fun!! :) what lucky girls!! Those cupcake cakes are making my mouth water!! :) Also, I totally have those same converse!! I have loved and worn them to death!! :) Adorable post!!
It seems like just yesterday that we were at Annie's wedding and you were pregnant with Brynn!!
What beautiful girls:) And what amazing birthday festivities...you guys are so creative and obviously, made your girl's dreams come true!
After seeing the parties you put together for the girls, I think that you should do it professionally! You are the hostess with the mostest. I can not believe that your girls are 5 and 3. I am so happy that they had a great birthday weekend even with the ridiculous amount of snow!
March 3rd????? How did I miss this!!!!! Ugggh! Andrea, I just need to do a daily check because you don't update on my blog!
Okay, UNBELIEVABLY cute and FUN!!! The girls are adorable and I can't believe how old they are!!! The apron's were tdf and the gigantic cupcakes make my mouth water!!! EVERYTHING really was perfect!
Oh and your sweet little niece is very adorable too! Was it ever in question that Beth would have the cutest little baby bump? :)
Well done Mama! Now only 350 something days to go til the next round!
Post a Comment