I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about what I'd like this new year to be like.
A new year to me is exciting and refreshing.
Not sure why the stoke of midnight on December 31 seems to wipe my 'slate' clean, but it does and I always look forward to what the new year has to offer and to what I might be able to accomplish.
A new year to me is exciting and refreshing.
Not sure why the stoke of midnight on December 31 seems to wipe my 'slate' clean, but it does and I always look forward to what the new year has to offer and to what I might be able to accomplish.
Typically, we are home on New Year's Eve.
We usually don't make it to midnight, especially since having the girls, the punishment of the next day going off of minimal sleep is just not worth it.
This year we welcomed the new year in with some new friends in a house we all shared for a few days with each other and our many children. It was awesome and our new friends were a wonderful group to ring in the new year with. I am hopeful we will all spend much more time together in 2011.
We usually don't make it to midnight, especially since having the girls, the punishment of the next day going off of minimal sleep is just not worth it.
This year we welcomed the new year in with some new friends in a house we all shared for a few days with each other and our many children. It was awesome and our new friends were a wonderful group to ring in the new year with. I am hopeful we will all spend much more time together in 2011.
Call me old fashioned, but I do enjoy writing out my resolutions. Now, to be more hip with the times, I'm blogging them (who would have thunk it?) for the second year.
Here they are, in a somewhat particular order:
Strive for an EGG-a-day!This is a brilliant idea that some wonderful people and I came up with in college.
An EGG-a-day is made up of: Exercise, God and Good-eats.
(see, I told you it was brilliant)
Bring back the Faith!Our friends from New Years are part of a small group from a church in town that we are looking forward to joining on a more regular basis and our friends, hopefully we will all be spending more time together.
Visit the Happiest Place on Earth!Our family needs a special outing to celebrate each other.
We are saving our pennies (and maybe a good tax return...come on Uncle Sam!) and hopefully will be on our way this summer.

Get off my DUFF!
The goal last year was to run a half-marathon, which I did get the mileage in (in a round about way) when I ran 17 miles in the big relay.
But remember how the relay ended with drama?
(getting sick and not finishing my last leg?)
It bothers me to no end that I didn't finish that race.
I want to run a half-marathon this year. Start to Finish.
Organize! Simplify! Complete!One resolution packing quite the punch...shall we call it a triple-threat?
Our house is small, and things need to stay organized. Plain and simple.
Speaking of simple, I need to simplify the routine. Less fuss = happier mama.
A happier mama would include one that completes what she starts.
Whatever it may be (craft projects, laundry, cleaning the bathroom) my goal is to start and finish it before I start something new. I'm no dumby. Having multiple unfinished projects only leads to clutter and messiness and thus takes me back to the first two punches...organize and simplify...a circular resolution that really compliments itself.

Stitch it Up!
A new sewing machine for Christmas has me super excited.
How cute is this bag made of felt?!
How cute is this skirt?!Note to self; must finish bag before starting skirt.
(I'm blushing! Are you?)
These little treats and this cookbook are unbelievably delicious!!
I've always wanted a signature treat; maybe Whoopie Pies will be my new thang.
These little treats and this cookbook are unbelievably delicious!!
I've always wanted a signature treat; maybe Whoopie Pies will be my new thang.
Cheers to a wonderful 2011!

4 comments:
You have so many signature treats...7 layer dip, remember beans/rice?, your toffee, homemade kalua?!? (so impressed that y'all can do that), and so much more! I a sure that the whoopee pies will be a great addition to your growing list.
I love your list too. Your girls are at such a great age for disneyland! I can only imagine...Did you know that I have an urge to learn how to sew as well? I can't wait to see all that you make! On to the EGG thing-you have my support on all three. Love you!
OMG, I thought the same thing as Allison- you DO have signature treats! Toffee is a fave, for sure, and your iced cookies from my wedding shower and wedding were fab! But, hey, I'm not sure if I've ever had a whoopee pie, and they look yum, so by all means, please add them to your list!!!
Great plans for 2011 :) You really are serious about the half-marathon! Okay, maybe we need a training schedule and we should really look into doing this together.
I am so excited to see what you create with your sewing machine. I really like the felt bag, and the skirt too, of course.
And Disneyland... time of your lives :)
I'm so glad that your New Year's weekend was fun and that you have made new friends with common beliefs.
A great year is ahead for the Wilsons!
Go team!
Ooooo I was beginning to think we weren't going to get to partake in your new years list!!!! YAY! I love everything on your list, they all sound totally achievable (for your crafty little self at least :)) and really worthwhile and fulfilling!!!!
The felt bag really rocks my world, who doesn't love making whoopie :)))), and you know my affection for the Happiest place on Earth!!!! If you need a pit stop and a photo shoot you know where to come!!!!
That was crazy, Annie and I commented at the same time :)
Post a Comment