It was a bitter sweet moment for me - bitter, as it means money must be shelled out for some new under-foot softness - sweet, as it means the potential to start afresh in the decor world.
This past weekend my mom, the girls and I had a lovely outing to a French Flea Market at one of our favorite stores, Pomegranate (great name huh!?).
Now, Flea Markets in Oregon are synonymous with 'dirty metal crap from your barn' - however, we were hopeful that the word 'French' could mean this little Saturday adventure had some class mixed in along the way.
And, indeed, it did!
I was in Heaven.
And all the while as we puttered around, I began to envision the new decor theme for our little cottage. Could we possibly be fabulously, funky, French flea market-ish?!?
I found myself a great 4-drawer dresser that's a cool minty green and in need of a little TLC, but not too much as to defame it's weathered, yet awesome look, for a cool $20. This could be the start of something very wonderful!
Ever since then, I've been obsessed and when I found these pictures, I really felt little tugs at my decorating heart strings - I hope you enjoy my "new home" as much as I do!! I'm not sure about a white couch (reality, people) but you just never know!!






6 comments:
WOW!!! So cute and Oregonians should shout from the roof tops that their french flea markets are FAB!
I love your inspiration and your home!!!
omg! love love love! I love it when you get inspired to do something new- I love watching your creativity at work!
Where did you find those great homey pics? They are so cute, and I think that you cottage will pull off French Flea Market beautifully!
miss you!
Those pictures make me happy to look at!! I love the crispness and freshness of it all! It's just spells c-l-e-a-n and clean makes me happy! Yes, what's your source for the pics?
What a great way to spend a Sat. morning! By the way, your description of what Oregon flea-markets usually are, makes me smile. Smile because I like that- in a wierd way. And I wouldn't put it pass that there would be some awesome finds in spite of the dirty metal! Do you know that I have a fondness for Or. and that it is definitely on my short list of states that we'd consider moving to? It's true. So beautiful, your state. And I'm certain your cottage will be beautiful too when it's all said and done...now only if about $10,000 could be picked from the tree in your backyard! :)
P.S. I LOVE that framed pic with the yellow mat in one of the last pics...I covet actually.
P.P.S
Remember those metal stars that were popular for awhile and people would hang them on walls? Well, if you have any or find any, I have an awesome idea of what to do with them that will go perfectly!!! with your whole cottage decor! I'll be sure to post my plagarized idea soon! I think you'll be excited! :)
Oh, I am very excited for some tin metal star ideas :o)
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Post a Comment