I feel tired.
We've been busy!
The biggest, most important events of the past couple weeks have been the birthdays of my two favorite little girls in the world!
In an effort not to bore you with rambling words describing each and every detail, I've decided to do a picture monologue. I hope you enjoy!!
The stars of the show!

And, their little cake-topper, candle holder girls.
I got down with my crafty self and was thrilled with the outcome!

To avoid a competition of any sort - each girl had their very own mini cake.
Bigger than a cupcake, but not too big.
Here's Brynn's cake.

And, Elsie's cake.
I had some help with the M&M's on top from my little friends and there were a few casualties in the process. We had just enough for each one of our guests...thank goodness!

Ready for some singing!

Ready for some singing!
The bike was a HUGE hit!
(on so many levels!!)

It was just a family get together, but we have come to realize that our family is actually getting pretty big - it's awesome! The menu of the day was the girls choice:
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Caesar Salad
Garlic Bread
Fancy Nancy's Raspberry Lemonade - the recipe did come from one of her books :o)
Speaking of good food (you know it's one of my favorite topics) I got a chance to watch Giada (my favorite Food Network chef) the other day and she prepared a dish that looked amazing!
Eggs Florentine
Now the big trick to these eggs, is your ability to poach an egg; something I've never even tried and was completely intimidated by...until...I found these little kitchen bad boys!
Ah-maz-ing!
They work like a charm and can be found at any specialty kitchen store, for under $10.
Thanks to the pods, I was able to try Giada's special dish.
It was a HUGE success!
Q loved it.
We actually ate it for dinner, with a little turkey sausage on the side and it was totally wonderful.

Here's my feeble attempt to photograph my creation - I hope it looks good enough to try...if you're an eggy, you'll love them!






4 comments:
I can't resist saying the following: Shut up!!! You made those adorable cake toppers??!! Shut up!! (Said again for emphasis!) They are AMAZING!!! I think you could go on Etsy and make a fortune!!
And then the adorable mini-cakes, the cute banner, and the cookin'?! Girlfrieeeeend, you are good!! :)
Okay, so I love the pic of Elsie's look of sheer determination and pride on her bike! Your girls are simply scrumptious!! Good job mama!!
NO LIE...HANDS DOWN...THE MOST AMAZING CRAFT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! Really, can I place my order now?!
Happy Birthday (labor buddy) to the two most adorable girls!!!! You just knocked this one out of the park...there is no other way to say it!!!
I'd be happy to make some cake toppers for anyone who so desires :o)
I do have to claim that I did find the inspiration from ETSY...so if I sold them there, I'd probably tick someone off ;o/ (not really something I really want to do!)
Thanks for all the props! They are much appreciated!!
I love the picture of the girls with their big smiles!
It looks like their party was a success, and your efforts are so impressive! The cakes and the cake-toppers and the banner... all spectacular! I'm so glad that you took pics and shared them with us! Nice work!
Post a Comment