May 12, 2009

Mother's Day and an Adventure to Come

What a great Mother's Day weekend! My family spoiled me with lots of love and special memories. We didn't do much of anything spectacular, but my sleep in, my burger and wine, and the great sunshine-y weather made for a happy mommy indeed!



This is my favorite picture from the day - Brynn in her first sundress of the season and her favorite hat. Isn't she the cutest hillbilly baby?!


We BBQ'd at Q's parents house and we took this picture upon arrival - when everyone was freshly dressed, clean, and meltdown free - I think it runs a close second to my favorite photo of the day!
Life has been good.
Since my last blog I've gotten a new 'do' - it turned out nothing like the picture I brought in, but I think it'll work. Cutting bangs was a big change! Maybe next time I'm in for a "trim" I'll work the picture back out of the purse and try again. Can't blame a girl for trying!
This weekend we are headed out for our first camping trip of the season! I'm really excited and starting to get myself really wound up!! We bought a travel trailer a few months ago (because we are financially strapped and it made perfect sense to add just one more expense to our monthly...um, sure, whatever!) and this will be her maiden voyage.
We are going to a place called Belknap Hot Springs. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! There are amazing gardens and trails to hike along and pools that are actual hot springs. The weather is supposed to be in the mid-70's and that just might mean the tankini makes an appearance...dear LORD!! YIKES!
I promise to update with lots of pictures (not of the tankini!) and stories for sure. I'll have a bed away from the dirt, and a potty, so what could I really have to complain about? Gosh, I'm not a camper girl, but I am willing to give it a valiant effort! This one is for the "team" - but I don't think it will be too painful...knock on wood!

4 comments:

comfy cozy said...

First off, you look great! Your hair is positively adorable and the bangs are really working for you! I think bangs help soften and frame the face while adding a cute, stylish factor. Achieved!! Secondly, could you and your girls be any cuter?! Q must just be so proud to flaunt his threesome! And Brynn is no doubt the cutest little hillbilly baby ever! I think she knows it too- just look at her expression! :)

So glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day. Nice and relaxing is the way to go! And camping!! I'm so proud that you're taking one for the team! I realize I will have to do that myself here within the next couple of years. But a trailer is the way to go and I'm jealous that you have one! I'm sure it will make it all that more enjoyable; meanwhile, the girls will be collecting those fun memories to last them a lifetime! Can't wait to see photos of the beautiful place!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Andrea you are killing me!!! I am laughing so hard!! From the maiden voyage to the tankini reveal I am in stitches!

What an awesome Mother's Day!! You and your girls are ADORABLE! Seriously...love your hair! LOVE IT! Super cute and sassy for summer! Rock those 70's girl! The hot springs have nothing on you! We want we need pictures of the big event!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Okay, you so know that I meant the 70's as in the weather not the decade right?! :)

Annie said...

I just found that I never left a comment for this blog! OOPS!
I love the hillbilly picture of Brynn! What a sweety! The straw hats are so cute on the girls :)
I'm glad that you had a great Mother's Day, and I think that you are a great mommy :)