This past weekend was very merry for the Wilson's!
We started out Saturday with the Christmas Parade that goes through downtown Bend. Evidently it is the biggest holiday parade in Oregon (fun fact for the day) - it was a beautiful day, about 60 degrees, no snow, lots of sun and good company. Nolan and Kip (Q's brothers) both came with us and were super star uncles as we sat and waved to the floats.
Elsie was in heaven! As we were walking toward the parade-viewpoint, s
he said "the parade is calling me...saying Hi Elsie, How are you today?!" it was hilarious! Nolan and Elise hung out together the entire time. He was too cute with her, making sure she didn't miss anything; including when the horses would poop on the street; which has now turned out to be her favorite, most talked about part of the parade. Go figure!
After the parade we headed home with a tree on our mind. By the time we got home both girls were asleep, so we managed to get them to their beds for a nap and Q went on a tree hunt all by himself. I know this doesn't sound very family fun-ish, but trust me, it
was probably better to have him go alone. He headed to one of the high schools where they were selling trees for a fundraiser...$20 and a table top tree with good ornament limbs was all I requested.
UMM...well, he came back with the only tree he could afford. It was hilarious! This tree is about 4 ft tall and has no back side (flat baby head) it was one of two trees that the kids told him would cost $20. He was stuck. How do you leave a fundraiser without a tree?
We tried to make it work, but it just didn't. Long, story short, little tree made it's way upstairs to our bonus room and Elsie and I headed out after nap time to get our big tree. We found a lot that sold any tree for $25. Sweet! Gimme an 8 footer PLEASE! Isn't she a beauty?

My picture of the little one didn't turn out, but she's all decorated too - the girls are going to expect 2 trees every year now...what have I started?
Now, onto the...PUPPY!
I bet you thought we got the girls a puppy for Christmas...did I get you?!
We didn't...I may have room for 2 trees in my house, but certainly don't have room for 2 dogs!
Q's brother, Kip, got his early Christmas present.
Isn't he cute!? It's a mini Australian Shepard (with no name).
So, that was our weekend...Like Annie, we devoted it to decorating and getting our Christmas spirit up and out wherever we could...now, onto shopping!
6 comments:
I still think that Marley needs a little buddy! Your tree is BEAUTIFUL! I also am in love with Elsie-ism's. I have never met a little girl with such a great sense of humor!
The parade sounds like fun, and I like the "fun fact"!
I thought that you were part of the fake-tree club, so where is the fakey?? Your glorious 8 footer is giving my fake 6 footer a self-esteem issue! But, seriously, the tree looks beautiful, and I'm sure that the smaller tree looks great too.
Kip's pup is cute-- keep us updated on what he names the dog! I'm interested :) If he needs help, you can point him in the way of my Tuesday Tip, which I am about to compose...
How cute is Elsie and her comments AND her poop fascination! Here she is with her fam in beautiful Bend in all her Christmas glory and her highlight was POO! I love it!
What a good hubby to go pick out the tree! Hey, at least he followed your directions...even if the tree had some beauty issues! Your big tree is beautiful!
Sounds like a great, fun-filled family weekend! Oh, and I like your idea of us running in a marathon together! Anyone else?!
I am marginally interested in running a marathon. Next fall, maybe? I should probably start with some 5K and 10K races first, after baby is born, of course!
ME AGAIN!
I forgot to mention that I love the new pics of the sissies!
Hi Andrea! I love your fun-filled family weekend! A Christmas Parade??? How Hallmark Channel of you! I love it. Elsie and Brynn are lucky to have such awesome uncles. Your tree is beautiful and I was really hoping the puppy was for the girls!
I apologize for my delayed comment but as you can see I temporarily got bumped of the blogging bandwagon!
Post a Comment