I'm sure you've all heard by now that last night over 100 homes were destroyed by fire in Montecito and Santa Barbara...
Westmont was also part of the blaze - from what I've read the Physics building, and a couple of the dorms (Page?) were burned as well. Faculty housing was also part of the blaze...I can't even imagine!
Students were evacuated to the gym because it has fire proof walls...
I read all of this on CNN, I'm going to be glued there all day!
I cried this morning as the news broke.
Montecito is my happy place - where I have SO many wonderful memories.
I just am so sad.
3 comments:
It is so sad! I've been watching too, and I just can't imagine. We've been on that hill during power outages, and it is so dark and scary-- add a raging fire to the mix...
I didn't realize that the gym had fireproof walls-- I was wondering why everyone wasn't evacuated.
If the physics building burned, you are probably right that it was Page too.
Unbelievable.
It is soooo sad! I have visuals of you guys in your dorm and at graduation and you guys really do have such beautiful memories! I was thinking of how scary it would have been if you were still there. It does sort of feel like it was just yesterday!
Andrea I was crying too and did you also see that the polar bears are dying at an alarming rate?! I cried about that too! It's also "pay my bills" day and that is ultra deppressing!!!
I'm so sorry you two! Thanks for letting me know - I actually haven't even turned on any form of media today.
I will definitely say a prayer for your happy place.
Post a Comment