I went to Macys today on my lunch break to hit up the Columbus Day sale ~ Happy Columbus Day~ thank you Christopher for sailing the ocean blue!
Back to shopping.
It was a whirlwind trip, new bras (hurray), a new pair of shoes and a pair of jeans for Q.
As I was driving back to work trying to rationalize my new shoes...my new, cute, chocolate brown Steve Maddens, that were on sale, I just couldn't make ends meet. Was it the color? No. Was it the style? No. Was it the price? Not really...they were on sale rember? Then it hit me. There is a box in my closet, within the box is a pair of nearly identical shoes purchased last fall in an attempt to reinvent my style. Shoes so new, that the price tag on the bottom has yet to be worn through. SERIOUSLY!
What in the world?
Am I that predictable?
Am I reinventing an idea that never really worked out in the first place?
Heaven only knows.
Here's the great news about my realization -
The plan is that when I return them tomorrow - I'll get the same pair, just in black because I KNOW I don't have any black ones in a box!
Let the re-reinvention begin!
3 comments:
OMG, you crack me up! These shoes must be super cute if you've bought them twice! Yes, maybe black will do the trick. I could use a reinvention myself-- let me know how this goes!
I could as well because currently the only shoes I wear on a regular basis are flip flops and I face this dilema every winter!
I need a reinvention too!
Athletic shoes seem to frumpy but the boots seem to fancy! What is a girl to do???
Follow up - black ones have been purchased. Am very happy!
Cali is sounding better and better...extended flip flop season, organic, fresh veggies at your door step...Lisa, you live the good life!
Post a Comment